Saturday, December 6, 2008

300+ Word Reviews: Changeling

Changeling

Tonight I went out not sure what I was going to see movie wise. On my way to the movie theater I decided I would see if “Twilight” would live up to all the hype it’s been getting from vampire tweens and adults alike, or so I thought. Arriving at the theater I got a pleasant surprise in that “Changeling” was still playing although it hadn’t been listed on IMDB.com. It was starting in 5 minutes and it took me less then 5 seconds to drive a stake through the heart of seeing “Twilight”. 2 and half hours later I was so glad for my good luck in getting to see “Changeling” in the theater. If this was simply just a three word review it would be: I loved it!!! The key thing that I think made this movie so great for me was the fact that this story really happened. Watching Angelina Jolie’s portrayal as Christine Collins was truly spelling binding for me. As were John Malkovich, Jim Donovan and Michael Kelly in their supporting roles. I sat there in the theater thinking how great this movie was, and I kept having to remind myself that everything Jolie’s character went through really happened. I also got to thinking about how the media plays a part in things and how stories become twisted due to corruption in the offices of the places we hold to be just and true, a key element in this movie. The cinematography was amazing defiantly in my opinion an academy award nomination is order in for it’s take on 1920’s and 1930’s Los Angeles. As for director Clint Eastwood the academy would be very foolish not to consider “Changeling” for best director and best picture. It’s a rare thing for me to enjoy a film so much that I give a film so much that I give it 10 out of 10 stars (surprisingly I enjoyed this more then Dark Knight but that’s another review/blog entry). I left the theater feeling that this was a story I’d like to know more about and I plan on doing some googling and checking out what Wikipedia has to offer. So in closing if it’s still playing in your town/city don’t buy into the so called “Twilight” hype and see “Changeling”. And remember that this really happened.

No comments: