Wednesday, December 3, 2008

200+ Word Reviews: Charlie Bartlett

Charlie Bartlett

Well this one I was pleasantly surprised about. When I first saw the trailer for “Charlie Bartlett” I first kind of ignorantly thought “Oh wow gee look it this generation’s version of "Ferris Buller’s Day Off”. Well I was pretty much wrong on that aspect but I still saw a little bit of Ferris Buller in Charlie Bartlett and later on I realized there’s a little bit of Max Fischer from “Rushmore” as well. What I got from the movie was a breath of fresh air from the teen movie genre. Also great acting from Anton Yelchin who played Charlie Bartlett, an actor I plan on keeping my eye out for in future movies. Robert Downey Jr. I enjoyed as the semi villainous principal (No I didn’t think of Ed Rooney from Ferris Buller’s Day Off) and father of Charlie Bartlett’s girlfriend (Great performance from Kat Dennings). In closing I have to say personally I could have used someone like Charlie Bartlett as a friend in high school. So if you’re dealing with the trials, troubles, and fucked up world of high school, or you want a fresh take on the teen/high school movie defiantly check out “Charlie Bartlett“. Because sometimes we just want someone to talk to and Charlie Bartlett is the one.

No comments: