Sunday, November 30, 2008

100+ Word Reviews: Return of The Jedi

Return of The Jedi

Not to get into the whole “Clerks” which movie was better argument here, but I always liked “Return of The Jedi” better then “Empire Strikes Back”. The reason I love “Jedi” is that within this film you get everything that you saw in the first two within one movie. The amazing opening act at Jabba’s palace and the skiff battle. Luke becoming a Jedi master on Degobah. Then the amazing third act. Luke and Vader’s final battle, the battle on Endor with Han, Leia, Chewie, and the Ewoks against the storm troopers. And of course in my opinion the greatest space battle of the Star Wars saga. I remember when I was a little kid, watching that space battle and how I was amazed by it. That was one of the first great movie experiences for me as a movie lover. “Return of the Jedi” is everything you could ever want in a Star Wars movie, but beyond that everything you could want in a truly great movie.

No comments: